How to enable InAcademia
Enabling InAcademia is very straightforward. Because InAcademia acts as a Service Provider the process is just like adding any other Service Provider for your users.
You can do this at any time, following these simple steps.
- Check if your University already supports InAcademia. We have developed a quick check for InAcademia support to check your current affiliation service.
- If the test is passed, congratulations, you’re done and your users can be verified with InAcademia. If not, please continue to step 2.
Ensure that your IdP releases the required attributes to the InAcademia SP (entityID https://inacademia.org/metadata/inacademia-simple-validation.xml)
- transient or persistent SAML nameID,
- eduPersonTargetID and
- If your IdP cannot provide eduPersonTargetID nor a persistent SAML nameID then InAcademia can accept eduPersonPrincipalName.
- If your IdP cannot provide eduPersonScopedAffiliation then InAcademia can accept eduPersonAffiliation.
- If your federation is a hub & spoke federation (e.g. SURFconext, WAYF.dk ,…) please ensure that your organisation opts-in for InAcademia and thus allows users to access the InAcademia service. If unsure how to do this, please contact your federation operator https://refeds.org/federations.
- If your federation is a full mesh federation (e.g. SWITCHaai, UKAMF, …) please ensure that your IdP contains an attribute release rule for releasing attributes to SPs that support the CoCo or create a specific release rule for InAcademia
If you are unsure about the process of opting in for InAcademia please contact us